Tuesday, March 31, 2015

More

Broken Again –Pharoahe Monch

It's easy to get complacent. I get it. We rest on our laurels. We get lazy. We're content.

But, can't we all be better? Don't we all want to be better?

Of course. (I hope)

I could really prove that I should be at Nike. I could train better to get faster for my next race. I could watch a few TED talks instead of my favorite show one night here and there. I could reject a free donut at work. I could…  

We say we're young, we say there's time, we say we don't have time, we say we don't have money, we say… 

AJ said "don't talk about it, be about it" or as quoted on our Team Cancer Sucks kits "it's by acts and not ideas that people live." He was all that. He lived a life as full as any one strong (body and mind) individual could, or more than any other person twice his age. And he was only 30.  And he did it all with an attitude that inspired anyone who engaged with him. He won at life.



No comments: